How to update
HOW TO UPDATE - FOR WORDPRESS THEMES, PLUGINS
Follow the following steps to update your plugins/themes:
- Download and Install Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin on yours website.
- Activate the above-mentioned plugin.
- Download the new version of the plugin or theme you want to update from our Joomla Wordress Premium Store.
- Log into your WordPress Admin Panel / Dashboard.
- Go to “Plugins > Add New” in case of plugin OR “Appearance > Themes > Add New” in case of theme.
- Click the “Upload Plugin” or “Upload Theme” button, as the case may be.
- Select the zip file with the new plugin or theme version to install.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- After the process is successful, press “Activate” plugin or theme.
HOW TO UPDATE - FOR JOOMLA TEMPLATES
Here is a brief instruction on how to update a template if a new exists.
Updating the Template have no effect about your created styles in customizer, but all default styles will be overridden. Thats the reason why you should never edit a default style.
A. Step - Backup
- Goto Extensions/Template Manager/Templates
- Select Templates
- Click to the Template you want to edit
- Select the file you want to backup > Image 2
- Backup the css/custom.css
- If you have modified more then the css/custom.css you have to backup these files too.
B. Step - Template Update
- First at all make a backup of all the customized theme files, described above ( css/custom.css)
- Download the latest Template version and extract the package to your desktop.
- Unzip the downloaded files
- Connect to your Joomla system administration
- Goto /Extensions/Extension Manager/Upload & Install Joomla Extension and select the Template Zip File.
- Clean the Joomla cache: Joomla Admin > System > Clear Cache
HOW TO UPDATE - FOR JOOMLA EXTENSIONS
You must manually upload the latest package of the extension:
- Log into your Joomla admin panel.
- Go to Extensions -> Manage
- Go to Upload Package File” option.
- Choose the extensions package file from your disk.
- Click “Upload and Install” button.
Your extensions should be updated now.